When you are at an open house you are going to be speaking to the most qualified prospects you will ever meet. 9 out of 10 times they are going to buy a house and/or sell a house. Here are some of the questions you should ask them:
- What brought you to our open house today?
- Where are you living now?
- How long have you been looking?
- What is the situation on your present home?
- Why have you decided to move at this time?
- Are you currently working with other Realtors?
- When would you like to be in your new home?
- What price range are you looking for?
- How long have you been searching for a home?
- Have you ever come close to finding your dream home and if so what was it like?
- Do you mind me asking how much equity you have in your home?
Write the answers down if appropriate and if they are not working with a Realtor ask them if you could add them to your email list and possibly send them links to properties they might be interested in.
Then ask them if they would be interested in working with you.